If I have to describe 2013 I would say that it’s been a year that I can call interesting now but boring 20 years later. The reason being that in the future I probably wouldn’t be able to recall anything significant happening in 2013. This year has instead been more about small projects, planting seeds for future harvest, this blog being one.
Looking back I recall much good food I’ve had with good company. Here I have collected 10 of the best dishes I’ve had this year, from simple udon at Koya to more elaborate appetizers at Geranium.
Let’s hope for more good in 2014!
1. Beef Chop of Galician Beef @ Asador Etxebarri – Axpe, Spain
2. Reduced Milk Ice Cream with a Red Fruit Infusion @ Asador Etxebarri – Axpe, Spain
3. Slow-cooked Lamb from Cornwall @ Kitchen Table – London, United Kingdom
4. Iberico Pluma with Carrot Miso and Watercress @ Viajante – London, United Kingdom
5. Cep Soup & Pickled Egg Yolk @ Geranium – Copenhagen, Denmark
6. Chicken, Buttermilk & Juniper @ Geranium – Copenhagen, Denmark
8. Wood Oven Roasted Pig Face @ Girl and the Goat – Chicago, United States
9. “Lambshank Redemption” Burger @ Patty & Bun – London, United Kingdom
10. Tenzaru Cold Udon @ Koya – London, United Kingdom